Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing #9 - Bogs & RSS

The easiest way for me to find feeds or Blogs was to glean them from blogs of others with which I share an interest. I found that the legends in the field have already done their homework so why not copy, right? I did search on my own however and found it rather time consuming. Google Blog Search was an okay tool but did not hone in on the topic as well as I would have liked (maybe it was the searcher????) I cannot get into School Library Blogs on Suprglu which greatly disappointed me as that is the one I was most interested. Bloglines was useful and easy to use.

I located two library specific blogs that I'm anxious to spend more time delving into the archives. I hope to spend more time located additional blogs/feeds with an elementary school library focus. I also shall begin looking for techno blogs/feeds on my next search round. Amazing how many blogs there are which adds to the difficulty in located the useful ones. I dabbled in a couple of other tools but didn't pay attention to them as they weren't particularly useful to me.

Once again so much to dig through to locate the pertinent items of interest.

No comments: