Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing #13 - Social Bookmarking

After digging through the three social bookmarking sites I decided to stick with del.cio.us as it seemed to be fairly intuitive and user friendly. The site itself was well organized, not too cluttered. I quickly added a large number of sites and tags with literally no effort. Furl looked interesting also, liked the highlight text feature and the choice of private or public page by page. I felt their page was a big cluttered or messy. Ma.gnolia was more of the same but had extra components that I wasn't interested in.

I feel this can be a good tool for teachers/librarians to use with their research classes. However, I still have questions about what it takes for students to access my tags in del.cio.us. I will explore this further. As for personal use it is excellent. I love that I can pile in all my desired sites and access them from anywhere.

No comments: