Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thing #12.1 - Important Points About Commenting

Be polite, be polite, be polite, I truly cannot tolerate people that are rude in conversation whatever the mode of delivery. I've witnessed horrendous comments on listservs and blogs to well meaning individuals and rudeness from the same individuals when politely asked to correct their behavior. I read the final post of a blogger just the other day due to the rudeness of some participants. She decided it best to close her blog, how sad.

Contributing something of worth to a blog/conversation seems obvious to me however I find many folks just like to talk. Think before you speak/blog adding value rather than just words on a page.

1 comment:

Erica Jean said...

I agree with your thoughts about being polite on blogs. I think people become less carelss with their words when they are typed and not a face to face encounter. This is sad. I think this really needs to be emphasized especially when teaching students about blogging before they can actually post anything.