Friday, July 11, 2008

Thing #22 - Nings

I explored all three of the Nings offered enjoying different aspects of each of them. I will probably join the Texas School Librarian Ning as it offers information and interaction with professionals that are experiencing the same issues I am. The local connection is most relevant for me. However, the global Ning, Teacher Librarian Ning, does offer a different perspective so I might join that Ning as well.

I must say my favorite feature of the three Nings was in "Ning for Teachers," the lesson plans. I read through many of them and found several could be useful and were pertinent to my school population/curriculum.

I would like to see the two librarian nings add the lesson plan component to their site. Everyone is always looking for fresh ideas and approaches to our basic curriculum and I can't think of a better place to collect and share lessons and ideas. I will probably join "Ning for Teachers" as well.

As for creating a Ning for my school....well I have thoughts swirling in my brain and will hopefully form/settle on a good idea for a school literacy ning. It will take a little more mulling and planning time though. I think I will need to play with ning creation first.

No comments: