Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thing #16 - Wikis

I must say that for sometime I have been curious about wikis. Obviously not curious enough as I never struck out on my own discovery adventure. Today's lesson on wikis was exciting in that I now know what a wiki is, I know how simple it is to edit and save, and I think I know how easy it is to create a wiki.

I was frustrated by a number of blocked wikis which always seemed to be the ones I was most interested in. The wikis I explored were intriguing, some baffling, some quite interesting. I can't say that I found a favorite but I did get some ideas to kick start my brain into planning a wiki for my students.

There are two ways I hope to use wikis. I would like to begin a site for teachers for curricular planning and one for students to respond to literature that grades 3-5 are reading as a whole.

No comments: