Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing #19 - Web 2.0 Awards List

What a cruel assignment! I can't stop playing. Yes, so many wonderful Web 2.0 resources I almost drove myself...crazier.

I explored many of the tools listed on the site and found many personal applications. However, as an elementary librarian I found several of the sites had inappropriate "matter" for young children readily available. So, that issue alone knocked out several tools from my kiddies toolbox. Several more of the tools were blocked from use here at school eliminating them from school use, I'm assuming the same issue here. I finally settled on Biblio.com. It is a great resource for tracking down hard to find, out of print books. I plan on using the site to locate a number of titles I wanted this past year but could not locate through my usual book sources. It is very simple to use and should come in very handy.

Now, back to Web 2.0 playing.

No comments: